Friday 5 September 2014

Getting known

Regular readers of Salvēte! (and you know who you are) may like to know that I'm now moonlighting as a blogger with the Times Literary Supplement. The invitation to do so came as a surprise, and perhaps as much to the TLS as it did to me.

You can read my first (and impressively inconsequential) contribution here. It's about a linguistic condition (new to me but instantly recognisable) known as 'word aversion'.

It will spark the opposite of a heated debate, of this I am certain. But some debates are best unheated. If you feel prompted to post a comment on the TLS website then please go ahead. It's a free country (and that's a phrase you don't hear much these days).

I'll continue to blog regularly here, but hope you'll enjoy my occasional TLS appearances (and I'm told other writers feature there also).

No comments:

Post a Comment